Bethlem Residency: The exhibition

My exhibition 'Traces' runs until 24th June 2017 at Bethlem Gallery. The title refers to my process of tracing my own and Elsie's past, as well as the people in the portraits. Hanging the exhibition was a creative process in itself. Thanks so much to the team at Bethlem - I learnt so much from them, from choosing the order of pieces on the wall to ensuring the level of the pictures is just right.

Photo courtesy of Chris Spragg
The lighting really transforms the work. Seeing my sketches out of the sketchbook and framed on the wall is such a privilege. We chose plinths for the figures and they spread around the space on windowsills and small shelves.

Photo courtesy of Chris Spragg
My residency at Bethlem has been such a wonderful experience. I am so grateful to Beth Elliott, Director of Bethlem Gallery for giving me this opportunity, and her guidance throughout. I've learnt so much through the process.

Photo courtesy of Chris Spragg
Thank you to everyone who came to the opening - I was overwhelmed by the support. It meant so much to share the exhibition with my family and friends.

Comments